Sunday, January 4, 2009

A New Year!

Well we are officially in 2009 now. I am looking forward to this new year and have quite a few goals- more organization, be more patient, come up with more creative activities for me and the boys, keep the house cleaner, go on more date nights with the hubby, etc...

I figured I would do a little recap of all the things I loved about 2008.

Well of course experiencing Henry's 1st year. He is such a cute, smiley, fun little guy. He has been so fun to watch growing up and he is starting to really have a fun personality. He loves to play peekaboo, he loves chewing on things and putting things in his mouth (gross), he loves his big brother, he loves to be in the action of whatever we are doing now. He has 5 teeth and is just on the verge of walking. He has started repeating a few words we say but is kind of like his brother in that department. I think he will just take his time and start talking when he wants to.

Caleb has learned alot of new things this year. He has picked up some spanish (thanks to the learning wall, Dan, and Aunt Clarissa). He is doing some basic reading (meaning he recognizes alot of words but doesn't have the whole sounding them out thing down). He actually can read most easy kids books and it seems like every sign that we drive by. Today we were out in the car and he told us we could buy coffe at the gas station because that is what the sign said (and he was right). He is such a cute little guy - always making funny faces, dancing around, etc... He is very loveable (most of the time) he loves to hug and snuggle and kiss. He told us yesterday that his favorite thing about sleeping over at grandma and grandpas was the hugs and kisses (cute). Caleb loves his little brother Henry. It has been fun to watch their relationship grow and change. They still get along really well. Caleb always wants henry to share in what he is doing or eating which for most of the year wasn't possible but now that Henry is older Caleb gets to share his food and drinks and toys and books with Henry and they have tons of fun. We still have the occasional sibling squabble when one has a toy or food that the other wants but seem to have found the perfect way to solve it BITING. Yes Henry has been biting and in turn Caleb thought it was ok to bite back and also bit cousin becca. We seem to have successfully explained to him that just because Henry does it he shouldn't.

Overall It has been such a rewarding year as a mother for me. I love my boys so much. We have had alot of fun together this year. I still pray for more patience for the days where I am ready to pull my hair out and I feel like I have been yelling all day but I seem to always stay on this side of sanity (ok no laughing from the peanut gallery).

It has also been fun watching Dan with his two boys. I could not ask for a better dad and husband. He is so great about helping me with the boys when he is home and also pitches in around the house too. I don't know what I would do without his help. We have been spoiled to have him able to come home for lunch everyday so the boys really get alot of time with their daddy.

Well I guess I will go for now. I may continue later but Dan and I are playing Animal Crossing before we go to bed (it is our little escape from reality, guilty pleasure after the boys go to sleep)

No comments: